Monday, June 17, 2013

Have my sketchbook

I've been neglecting you as of late, haven't I?

Please forgive me for this, I did have some work ahead of me! That and I just couldn't think of what to do.
So to make it up to you, I decided I'd share my sketchbook and "??? month story" revolving around the things I make and pass off as works of art.

As you may or may not know, I wanna be an animator when I grow up (or should I say when I get older, since my 18th birthday just past?)! Because of how great of a school it is, I really want to make it into Sheridan in a year or two, and to do so, I've been studying my art technique some.

I got this sketchbook earlier this year after my last one filled up and spent most of my time writing lyrics from David Bowie songs in the first three pages, but there are some sketches!


By this time, I had already heard about Sheridan and had spent a few months trying to life drawing and failing miserably at it (or at least translating it into my regular stuff).


After this, I found a couple blogs helping out Sheridan hopefuls (links in my notes), and found
pages with character design notes.

These Atlantis pictures
Belongs to Disney, of course. I'm nowhere near this cool.











Lead to this change in my sketches! It's not perfect, but it's working out a bit better (I think).















































I decided to make some more doodles and even a lazy comic book sketch of myself as a shameless self insert in Doctor Who.

Afterwards, I finally managed to install my tablet onto my new computer and started to draw away on Sketchbook!

This are pretty much the only interesting bits for now, spare maybe my best friend's birthday present! It'll be done in the weeks to come, so I'll be making an update with more on that and other little doohikies I'm daring to call "side projects" to sound professional.

No seriously, they're just for fun. I have too much time on my hands at the moment.

With all the almighty love on the planet,
Nikola Strange
------------(^ w ^)-----
Notes:

I'm sorry about the formatting! Blogger is hard > n < !!

Sheridan College blogs:
how to applications:
The Sheridan Portfolio Review
Sheridan Portfolio Tips
Teachers
The Cartoon Cave

Disney and professional animator's blogs:
Disney Animation Archive

I promise to add it more links, if I find any of the other places I was hanging out at!
Also, remind me if you want more, please! XD


Hiya! I'm Nick. It's been a pleasure writing my thoughts out for you!
If you enjoyed what you read, you can find me on YouTube under the same name, and on Facebook on a page called "The Lives and Times of Young Adult Things."
Thanks for your time, and I hope you enjoyed this! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment