Sunday, October 27, 2013

Imaginary Scenarios

A song I forgot the title of once gave me the best two lines in a stanza I've ever heard in my life:

"The best moments of my life
I think I saw them on TV."

And for the first time in my life I knew what restlessness was. The rage fuel inside of your gut: the winds moving and the volcanoes erupting inside. The urge to move mountains and run through rivers and seize some unattainable feeling of euphoria.

And then the restlessness died away with a fizzle and silence after a friend pointed out it's our fault for not going out and doing things.

I knew I wouldn't do much, so I couldn't mind much anymore.

But today I realized something: I am a person with a huge amount of potential. Beyond what I've said before. I have the potential of being someone's wife someday.

I can be the emotional support/co-op partner in crime to another human being. They Bonney to someone else's Clyde.

Beyond any other amazing idea that's crossed my mind--from traveling time to patenting clothing to renovating housed to make them look authentically abandoned--this is the most incredible. The chance to touch and be touched.

The chance to do something beyond all understanding.

If we're all capable of loving and being loved, who's to say we aren't capable of living and being lived.

For once I understood Belle.

Drink up the fountain of life!

Try and say "yes", before life passes you by.

No comments:

Post a Comment