Saturday, May 18, 2013

The "Good Old Days" were beautiful.

We've all witnessed the series finale of The Office, correct?

Despite the fact I've never seen the show (this is when a ton of you turn away disgusted), I did relate heavily to an Andy Bernard gif that circulated around tumblr: "I wish there was a way to know you're in the good old days before you've actually left them."

About a year ago during my Junior year, my friend and I were waving to each other early in the morning before school, or late in the afternoon when school was done with. That average day was sort of shit, but when I looked at her, waving, on the tips of her toes, smiling over at me, I knew right there she was beautiful.

I knew that boy I had a crush on in my first period and I were the best of friends and "meant to be" (we never went out) and he was a douchebag it was beautiful.

I knew my other best friend was hurting inside and I couldn't go anything about it and I still can't yet I know more than everyone every crack and scar makes her all the more beautiful.

And I knew this year's little "breakfast club" in fourth period English was beautiful, and I saw my friends being idiots and sleeping in PE and I knew they were so beautiful inside.

I knew Dungeons and Dragons and my "bro" and his Girlfriend and these entire years were beautiful inside. Even if I'd forget, they'd always have a way to shine light back on this.

It's kinda like how Coraline's world was grey with colorful people: my hometown's listed on Forbes as one of  the most everyplace cities in America, yet the people in it have been colorful and vibrant and silly and oh so beautiful this entire time.

And now we're all going to go our separate ways, at the very end of our senior year. It's like the neck of a bottle at the moment: time is going so slow, but we're at the very edge.

And now while I type my weekend's speeding up and flying away from me.

I was talking to a freshmen girl whom didn't know our school's alma mater or "fight song" yet (to be fair, neither do we). And I realized time's always been going at a nice pace. It took forever to get to where I am, and we're not too far away from each other age and maturity wise either. I wonder what she'll be when she's older.

I wonder what I'll be like when I'm older. Roughly the same, I imagine.

So many wish they knew they were in the good old days before they left, and our English teacher warned us this was "it" this last Friday. Many scoffed, including my makeshift "breakfast club" English Group. I just said I already knew.

With Love,
Nikola Strange
--------------------(0_0)---------------------------------
No notes today, spare my love for Weezer. Kept me from flipping out and hyperventilating while writing this. Props to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment